Sunday, June 27, 2010

Play With Your Food!

I made an outstanding salmon dinner the other night, but forgot to take pictures. The salmon was so pretty, that I can't post the recipe until I have pretty pictures to go with it. So, I am going to share a fun recipe that goes against my parental advice of not playing with your food. I have made this for my kids on rainy days and have been holding onto it for just such an occasion. Until it dumps on us again, I am sharing with you. Trust me, when I say it also tastes quite good. With younger kids, there is A LOT more eating than playing, but that's okay. With older kids (especially my older boys) it's fun to see them make creatures, then play like they are monsters eating them. So, here is both a small recipe and larger recipe so that if you have a daycare setting or just lots of little ones, you can make a big batch. It also freezes really well. So you can make it in advance and have some on hand for rainy days. Have fun!



INGREDIENTS
  • 3 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 1/2 cups honey
  • 4 cups dry milk powder
DIRECTIONS -
In large bowl, cream together peanut butter and confectioners' sugar, then beat in honey and fold in milk powder. Divide into 15 equal portions and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.

Children can mold and shape while eating it. It's a great after school snack.
Servings Per Recipe: 15

NUTRITION INFORMATION
Calories: 843
Total Fat: 31g
Cholesterol: 6mg
Sodium: 456mg
Total Carbs: 126.7g
Dietary Fiber: 3.7g
Protein: 27g
----------------------------------------------------
Playdough for 8 servings

INGREDIENTS

  • 1-3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 2 cups + 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
  • 1-3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 cups + 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
DIRECTIONS -
In large bowl, cream together peanut butter and confectioners' sugar, then beat in honey and fold in milk powder. Divide into 8 equal portions and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...