|Strawberry Pomegranate Tea Jelly|
Basic Tea Jelly
|Tea Jelly on a Biscuit|
- 1 3/4 C water
- 12 tea bags (I used strawberry pomegranate herbal)
- 1/4 C orange juice or related juice (I used white grape)
*if not using juice, increase water to 2 C
- 3 C sugar
- 1 (3oz) pkg liquid pectin
- Bring water to boil, add tea bags and steep for 30 mins. Discard tea bags.
- Add juice and sugar to brewed tea and bring to a boil stirring until dissolved and then occasionally to prevent burning. Don't stir too vigorously. It will tend to foam up.
- Boil for 2 min. stirring ocassionally.
- Remove from heat and add pectin, return to boil and allow to do so for 1 min. Skim off any foam.
- Pour hot jelly into jars and process for 20 min. I got 4 8oz jars from this recipe.
Enjoy your tea, spread on toast next time, rather than (or in addition to) in a cup!
Adapted from a recipe by Sue Neitzel from her blog Old Fashioned Living.