Thursday, July 29, 2010

Comfort Food That's Easy

So, I am missing my mom right now. We usually talked every single day, and with her in another state (caring for an aging surviving parent) we just don't stay in touch so well. I was craving a memory and decided on stroganoff. My mom made this wonderful dish, with rice and always had dill pickles, and peperoncinis on the side. I didn't have the time to cook up the rice, so I did egg noodles, which my husband prefers over rice.

Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package wide egg noodles
  • 1 lb ground beef (20% fat)
  • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 C finely chopped onion
  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 C milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 4 oz cream cheese
Directions:
1.In a large, heavy skillet, brown ground beef with Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, and garlic. Drain well. Reduce heat to medium low and add soup, milk, cream cheese and stir until smooth. Stir in sour cream and reduce to low.


2.Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain.

3.Return noodles to pot. Gently stir in ground beef/sauce mix and serve immediately. I eat mine with a pickle and peperoncinis. Also, having the sauce over rice is wonderful too.

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...