Wednesday, July 14, 2010

And Now, For Something Sweet

I have been craving a cookie, but the classic chocolate chip wasn't going to do it, and I was tired of oatmeal so cookies of such weren't sounding appealing. I was restocking my baking supplies and picked up a vanilla butter and nut flavoring. It sounded yummy. I like adding vanilla and cinnamon to my pancake and waffle batter. So, this flavoring sounded like it would be a tasty change.

Well, on the back of the box was a recipe that sounded really delicious. So, I went ahead and made it and it turned out quite good. So, here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!

Butterscotch Chocolate Nut Cookies
  • 2 Cups packed brown sugar
  • 2/3 Cup butter
Heat in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. Cool slightly.
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsps vanilla butter & nut flavoring
Beat the eggs lightly. Temper the eggs by adding some of the brown sugar mixture slowly to the eggs while whisking. Continue adding small amounts until the eggs are up to temp and then add to the saucepan and whip until well combined. Add flavoring.
  • 2 Cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
Mix dry ingredients well. Slowly add to brown sugar mixture, mixing well. Spread batter into greased 13X9X2 inch pan.
  • 1-6 oz. chocolate chips
  • 1 Cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts, evenly over top of batter. Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes. When done, cool on wire rack, cutting into bars while warm.

I like them still warm with a tall glass of cold milk. delish!

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...