Wednesday, January 04, 2012

The Potential of 2012

Happy New Year!
So much happened to my family this last year, that I can't even imagine what 2012 will have in store. Of course, there were bumps in the road and some of the valleys seemed so deep, and that we would never get back on the mountain top. Yet here we are. Still together and still smiling.

We welcomed another member of our family, a 3rd boy, into our world in March of 2010 and we thought we were done, but in August 2011 we found out we were expecting again. In December we found out, this will be our 4th boy, and final child.

The middle of 2011 was quite eventful. We were living in Alaska and things were pretty good. We were attending a wonderful church that had a very loving and supportive church family. Chad landed a great job with a local contractor that we met while going to Soldotna Bible Chapel and his fellow employees were great guys that also attended their church. The kids were in a very good school, and going to AWANA, happy with friends close by.

In April 2011, Chad and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary and while out to dinner, received a call from my parents with an offer to move us to Montana for a unique opportunity to be near family, and start up the family farm that had fallen into disrepair. A brand new home with more room to grow on 40 acres for very low rent and help to get started in a new (though not too new to me) community. After praying and considering our options, we took the leap. It hasn't been easy, but it has been an amazing experience for all of us.

Right away we started attending Fresh Life Church and it is an amazing spirit filled and blessed by God church. They are so active in the community, as a whole. It's like going to a rock concert with amazing house bands that sing such amazing inspirational songs every Sunday morning. The first Wednesday of every month, is a special night that is so amazing. The kids love this church and we are excited to go every time.

My concerns for 2012 are simple. Our government is so deeply corrupt and has strayed so far from the path where it was at it's best. Evil seems to be enjoying a coveted place in the spotlight and there are so many hurting financially, emotionally and spiritually that to dwell on it for too long invites a deep sorrow in my heart. My New Year's Resolutions are simple, but I have high hopes for success and know that if I can stick it out, I will be better for it and so will my family...

Resolution #1 : Spend less time online and more time within the pages of books. Specifically the bible.

Resolution #2 : Read the bible within a year or less.

Resolution #3 : Spend more quality individual time with my kids, so that they truly know how much I love them and how special they are to me.

Resolution #4 : Find ways to show my love more to my husband, in unusual and romantic ways.

There you have it. A little recap of the last year and my thoughts and hopes for the future. I hope anyone who stumbles on this finds this new year to be better than the last and that they never stop searching for the truth in their lives that will free them for eternity. God Bless!

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...