I have to credit the April/May 2011 issue of Garden&Gun magazine for the peanut recipe before I begin. However, the noodles are all mine! I am posting the recipe, with the addition of any changes I made during the process.
Peanutty Chicken & Teriyaki Noodlin's
- 5 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 green onions white and green parts chopped
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar (I used "seasoned")
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (I omitted this for the kids)
- 1 3-4 lb chicken (had thawed 4 large skinless thighs)
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger (for my application, chopped coarsely)
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1 heaping Tbsp minced)
- handful of fresh cilantro
Trust me when I say, you might want to double this recipe. It's that good!
- 1 10 oz package Chinese noodles used for chow mein
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Kikkoman's Teriyaki marinade and sauce
The boys all raved about dinner. Lachlan slurped up the noodles happily. I was hoping for more leftovers.... looks like I'll be running to the store for more noodles to make up for a more adequate "leftover" lunch. Enjoy!