Thursday, February 16, 2006

The BEST Brownies!

These are the best brownies I have ever made. It's like having my two favorite desserts in one: rich cheesecake and fudgy brownies. Easy too, because you use a brownie mix so it is quick to whip up and when you have kids, easy is appreciated. I made these for my FIL's birthday today and he loved them. I think I am going to make them for my husband when he gets home from crabbing.


Cheesecake Topped Brownies
Ingredients:
1 (21 1/2 oz) package brownie mix
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese; softened
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Spread into prepared baking pan. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and cornstarch until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, egg and vanilla until smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over brownie batter. Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is lightly browned. Allow to cool, and cut into bars.

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...