I love banana bread. I love chocolate banana bread. Then I found this recipe for chocolate PEANUT BUTTER banana bread and I was in heaven! Three things that simply belong together! In this recipe, I wanted to add chocolate chips for the extra bit of chocolate in every other bite, but alas, I had no chocolate chips. I had about half a bag of butterscotch chips and well, that was the direction I went and they worked! Enjoy this with a dark cup of coffee or black tea. It’s delicious!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, slightly melted
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 - 1 C. chocolate or butterscotch chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the slightly melted peanut butter, sugar, mashed bananas, vegetable oil, and eggs. After mixing, stir in cocoa, baking powder & soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour last. If using chips, stir in just until incorporated.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for roughly 55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.