Friday, January 27, 2017

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread


I love banana bread. I love chocolate banana bread. Then I found this recipe for chocolate PEANUT BUTTER banana bread and I was in heaven! Three things that simply belong together! In this recipe, I wanted to add chocolate chips for the extra bit of chocolate in every other bite, but alas, I had no chocolate chips. I had about half a bag of butterscotch chips and well, that was the direction I went and they worked! Enjoy this with a dark cup of coffee or black tea. It’s delicious!
 
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ cup cocoa
  • ⅓ cup peanut butter, slightly melted
  • ¾ cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • ½ cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 - 1 C. chocolate or butterscotch chips (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the slightly melted peanut butter, sugar, mashed bananas, vegetable oil, and eggs. After mixing, stir in cocoa, baking powder & soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir in flour last. If using chips, stir in just until incorporated.
  3. Pour into loaf pan and bake for roughly 55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...