Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Baby Bell - ETA: Approximately 8 wks

We're in the homestretch baby!

I've been getting Braxton Hick's contractions lately. Rather obnoxious too. I was a little worried after my last ultrasound, because she said my cervix was thinning out. It should be 3cm but was at 2.8cm . Not a huge change, but she said it was early for any changes of that nature. So, I went to see my doctor and he did a check and asked a bunch of questions. He's really nice and so easy to talk to. He explained that since this is my third pregnancy, those BH contractions can be more intense, and that he figured a margin of error, of two weeks put me in the right time frame for things to start getting ready.

Whew!

See, if I were to go into labor before the 35 wk point, I would get flown out to Anchorage and I do NOT want to do that! Not that Anchorage is bad, I just want to stay close to home and be able to just drive three minutes to get home afterwards. No packing suitcases, or going through security. Too much stress to deal with that would steal some of the enjoyment.

The ultrasound included some 3D images that I thought I would share. I realize every mother finds her children beautiful, cute, or amazing, but I think this one is going to be another good looking Bell baby.




The consesus is that this one is another boy, but my mom is holding onto the hope that it's a girl. I guess we've got a 50/50 chance right? I sure am looking forward to meeting this little one.

No comments:

Past Musings You Might Ponder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...